When you are looking a photographer for weeding session, there are many wedding photographers in the city, and everyone has their own wedding photography packages. Now how they will charge? Some wedding photographer charging according to wedding function and some are charging on day by day. How do you choose from so many, and how do you know you're getting the best deal?
The average cost for a wedding photographer can vary based on several factors. Much depends on the quality of work of the photographer and expertise he delivers. Depending on your budget, the most important thing is to get the highest quality photos, with or without all the extra frills.
First of all, here is what they should offer as a basic minimum:
1) Full photographic coverage, an online album and all of your digital negatives. Most offer unlimited number of pictures taken but some packages may limit the number, check for this.
2) You should be able to choose from different time range packages, starting from a minimum of 4 hours to complete full day, from pre-wedding photos until the party into the wee hours if you want.
3) A wedding album (ranging from 150 to 350 photos). Buying extra pages in your album is usually an option.
4) Pre-wedding photo session such as the bride and groom getting ready or an engagement photo session.
5) Includes an album from the engagement photo session you can show to your guests at the wedding.
All this is a sure-fire way to be certain you have made the right choice in photographer.
It is always a good idea to compare photographer prices in your area. If you live in a big city you may be paying more for a photographer based there compared to a smaller town. If you get an out of town photographer to try to save money, they may charge extra for the commute. Compare and research.
One thing to remember is that if you are able to buy the basic package first, then purchase add-ons later, make sure the photographer will honor the original package price and you are not penalized for adding the extras. As you have no idea how the photos will turn out until after they're taken and developed, it is a reasonable request.
Some wedding packages offer complete services which include DJ, videographer and full photography package. It is worth comparing how much this all costs separately before going for the 'package deal' which may not be a deal at all.